Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Junior Mountain Bike Development Camp

Last week I went to Mountain Bike Camp at Michigan Tech in Houghton.  This was my first time going, but my brother Keegan had told me how cool the trails were around there.  My teammate Maddy & I roomed together in the dorms, and met lots of new people at camp.
First Day of Camp- Pic by Heather Frank

 Coaches Brian and Andrea 
A great thing about camp is that Brian, Andrea, Joe, and  the other coaches made it fun and challenging for us on the trails.  Sometimes we would stop and they would show us good lines to take, then we would get to try riding that part a few times.

There were lots of trails near camp.  We went to Copper Harbor and the bridges and hills were great.  The Tech Trails had lots of variety with pump tracks and downhills.  The trails were very fun and fast. On Friday we got to demo Trek bikes on the Tech Trails.  I tried the Remedy and had fun with it on the Flow trail. 
Group pic at Trek Demo

Start of Chain Drive- Pic by Dad

The last full day of camp we all raced the Keweenaw Chain Drive. It started in Houghton, crossed a bridge, then went on trails in Hancock. Some parts were really wet with big puddles.  The 16 mile race seemed to go by fast and I was happy with my finish. Check out more Chain Drive Pics.     

I'm looking forward to going back to camp next year.  Five days full of extravagent mountain biking on the best trails in Michigan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment