Saturday, June 16, 2012

Duck Lake TT 6/16/12

For the start, I was 30 seconds behind Ellie and 30 seconds ahead of Claire Reeves.  When we were waiting to start, somebody's dad asked me if I was going to pass my sister, so I said "yes".  When it was time for me to go I clipped in my feet and got my hands in my drops.  I started out with 22mph, then slowed to 18mph.  When I came across the lake I caught up to my sister. To pass her I sped up to 23mph. I stayed ahead of her.


  Then I had another worry on my mind.....Claire.  I tried to keep 20 mph but it didn't work so I slowed down but still held her off for most of the time trial.  During the TT, I kept switching from my drops to my hoods and also making sure I was fully hydrated.  When Claire passed me she told me that when she passed my sister Ellie, Ellie was saying "WHERE DOES SHE GET ALL OF THIS ENERGY FROM?"  Claire also said that I spooked Ellie, so I was happy about that.  When I turned that last corner and saw the finish line, I made sure I was in my drops.  I was going at least 25 mph at the finish. I had a decent time that was like 45 minutes.  I lost by 2 minutes.  I got 2nd place though and it was fun racing.
                                       Kiersen K.




1 comment:

  1. Great write up! Way to go Korieneks! Sisterly rivalry is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete